Marshfield Community Council serves to represent the communities of Marshfield and Castleton to local authorities and public bodies. We have responsibility for the allotments, Marshfield Village Hall (though the Hall is managed by the Marshfield Village Hall Management Committee), the children’s playgrounds outside the Village Hall and the Village Green at Groes Corner.
Marshfield Community Council is a key contributor to local planning, policing and highways and has input into planning applications within the Marshfield and Castleton areas. We are responsible for how the levy in your Council tax and the allocation from Newport Council is spent – in 2013/14 totalling £29,339.
We believe that we can make Marshfield and Castleton even better, and with your support we are working on:
- Developing more community events
- Supporting local groups and representing the interests of different parts of the community equally
- Working with the school, playgroups and churches in our community to keep in touch with local needs and interests
- Building partnerships with local service providers, such as Newport Council and the police to improve services
- Delivering a new leisure facility in Marshfield with funds already provided by Newport City Council
- Minimising anti-social behaviour
- Improving cleanliness within the village
- Fighting to protect against unwanted development
- Supporting regeneration or development that benefits Marshfield and Castleton
And most importantly, we want to proactively consult with the people of Marshfield and Castleton to ensure we know that the community wants and needs.
Please help us to bring the communities of Marshfield and Castleton together to continue to make our villages a great place to live, work and bring up our children.