Gypsy and Traveller Site Review – Current Position

Newport Council’s Scrutiny Committee were due to meet on October 19th to consider the eleven shortlisted sites. However, this meeting was postponed to give the Committee time to evaluate the large response they have received to the public consultation. We are waiting for further feedback. The next steps will depend on this feedback and whether the Castleton site is still being considered. If it is, we will then decide whether to push for a judicial review, at which point, legal representation will likely be needed. Please rest assured, that we are making preliminary enquiries about the employment of a barrister (recommended barristers and likely costs), so that if we need to further this, we will be well placed to move quickly.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.